WE ARE HIRING – 3x JOINER’S MATES REQUIRED
Job: Joiner’s Mate
Term: Full time. Permanent.
Location: Cumnock, Ayrshire. Occasional travel to sites across the UK
Salary: Dependant on Experience
This is a hands-on role constructing timber-framed modular homes within a factory environment. You will support the lead joiner in completion of the structure and internal finishes- measuring, cutting and ensuring a free flow of materials and tools whilst keeping the work bay safe and tidy at all times.
A Joiner’s Mate will require the following:
- Min. 5 years experience working in a construction or manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings
- Be self-motivated and with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Minimum National 4 level maths or equivalent
- To be punctual and reliable
A Joiner’s Mate will ideally have the following:
- A valid CSCS card
- A full UK driver’s license
The role will involve:
- Working under instruction of the lead joiner to assist in completion of the following:
- External walls
- Internal stage 1 (roughing)
- Internal stage 2 (finishing)
- Assembly of modules on site
- Accurate measuring and cutting
- Ensuring free flow of materials to joiner
- Ensuring all tools are properly maintained, calibrated and charged
- Collaborating with a full range of trades
- Using safe working practices incorporating health and safety and environmental rules
- Working within the Wee House Company BOPAS and ISO quality assurance frameworks
- Following the Wee House Company Manufacturing and Construction Training Handbook
- Ongoing training will be provided as required.
If you would like the opportunity to work for us, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and relevant experience.