Points to consider when choosing a plot of land for your Wee House
- Be clear about where you want to buy land.
- Research how much land sells for in your preferred area, to ensure that you have a realistic idea of the potential cost.
- Find out if the plot has easy access to services, i.e. gas, water, electricity, drainage. New connections can be made but you will have to factor the cost of this into your budget.
- Will you be living on the plot or are you buying land to build a holiday let or rental property? There may be different issues to consider, depending on the end use.
- Does the plot currently have planning consent? Does the type of consent match your intended use for the plot, i.e. is it for a new dwelling, a holiday home, etc.? If the consent is an outline planning consent or, if the detailed planning consent is not for the house of your choice, a new application for detailed consent will be required. Using our knowledge and prior experience, The Wee House Company can apply for and handle the planning application on your behalf.
- Be clear about your budget for the project as a whole. The Wee House Company offers a turn-key service, dealing with all aspects of your custom build from design to completion. Following a detailed investigation of your plot, we can provide you with a full, detailed quotation prior to any works beginning.
Our turn-key package includes all of the following services:
- Design and siting of your Wee House application
- Application for planning consent
- Application for building warrant
- Implementation of required groundworks such as site preparation, foundations
- Service connections, access and parking
- Transportation of the Wee House modules from our factory to your site
- Construction and completion of your Wee House by our skilled craftsmen
You may also find some of the following websites useful: