Families coming together and sharing land
12 Dec 2017
Generations of Families Living Together
If you have a large garden and considering downsizing and selling your property due to costs, maintenance and general upkeep, why not consider sharing the land with your family?
This year The Wee House Company Ltd have built houses for families who have decided to live together on the same plot of land, this could be for a multitude of reasons; financial, health or even childcare.
This can benefit families in the following ways:
- Grandparents are close-by to enjoy closer relationships with grand kids, sons and daughters.
- Older people can downsize and be close to family.
- Reduce your monthly financial outgoings to free up money and travel the world.
- Sons and daughters have parents nearby and can offer support daily as ageing causes issues with mobility and dexterity.
- General well-being – families sharing quality time as opposed to scheduled visits.
The Wee House Company builds modular timber homes that are used for permanent dwellings, holiday lets or granny annexes. Our houses are all single storey and modular built, they are traditional in appearance with character. The houses are built in our Ayrshire workshop, then transported to the customers plot of land.
You can have a Wee House built in just 8 weeks.
- Design - We design your Wee House to suit your needs and maximise the potential of your plot of land.
- Quotation - We know that budgeting is important, we provide details of all costs upfront before the project gets underway.
- Planning Consent - The majority of Wee Houses will require planning consent. We can apply for this on your behalf, using our knowledge and experience to gain the best results.
- Customisation - Meet with us to choose from a range of quality finishes for your Wee House. You can choose everything to suit your own personal style - from kitchens and bathroom suites to paint colours.
- Building Warrant - Each Wee House goes through stringent assessment to ensure that it complies with UK building regulations. We handle your building warrant application to ensure that the highest technical standards are achieved.
- Construction in workshop - Wee Houses are built using modular construction methods. Modules are completed to ceiling height and ready for transport in just 5 weeks.
- Construction on site - Our experienced team spend just 3 weeks on your plot, causing minimal disruption to you and your neighbours. We implement all required ground works including foundations, service connections and more.
- Completion - We hand over your fully completed new home and all you have to do is move in your floor coverings and furniture.
- Aftercare - We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer care. We will return to attend to any minor 'snagging' issues one month after completion.